wtorek, 1 kwietnia 2014

How to do wash of acrylic paint

I run out of  black wash, the model store in my city  did not have any, in Bard (local wargaming store)  had neither Army Painter nor Citadel wash. I needed it badly to move land raider painting. I dont want to wait, so buing it online was not an option.
So I bought a thinner for acrylics in paint store. Half a liter is the smallest package ...
Fortunately, I had a feeling and checked how it works on plastics. Probably the smell of the substance. Of course plastic was eaten. He first made a sticky, and later began to dissolve.
I could put it in my chaos army as a Nurgle possessed Land Raider.

But what to do ?
I looked through several online modeling forums, and found a solution to my problem.

How to make wash yourself:
Add paint to the water ? I tried it myself. It is not wash but only watered down paint.
It will not go into a depressions of the model, but remained on the protuberances and flat surfaces.
Dishwashing liquid is a trick.
Added to the watered down paint, causing it to behave like wash.
Choosing the appropriate proportions requires several experiments, but the results are satisfactory.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz